Tuesday, August 7, 2012

7 Year Itch

So that last post reminded me that at the end of September Greg and I will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary.  That gives me one year to get tired of him and find a lover boy.

Honestly, who has the time or energy for that?

Greg also pointed out a while back that he read an article on Yahoo (which makes it totally true) claiming that spouses now hit the 7 year in itch in 5 years thanks to social media making it so much easier to be in contact with old boyfriends and other men you otherwise wouldn't be hanging out with. I am friends with none of my exes on Facebook, nor do I follow any on Twitter. None have tried to friend or follow me. Pretty sure I have interest in repeating the past. Ever. And there's only one I'd even care to know is still alive, but not enough to go looking for him. Guess that leaves me on the 7 year schedule.

I fear I have my work cut out for me. I like my husband. A lot. He's fun. And considerate. And a great daddy. And he eats my cooking. And never expects me to drive. He doesn't criticize much of anything about me, even when he could  He laughs at me, a lot, but always for the right things. He shows appreciation for things I do not just for him but for the kids. We have a million things in common, from things we like to eat to the nerdy things we watch on TV.

How am I supposed to find another guy I like this month in the next year? It took 30 years to find Greg! I'm going to be such a failure.


No comments: