So I'm kid-free for a couple of days. K went to my parents' house for swim lessons which may or may not actually happen since the pool they use is broken until Wednesday. But she's also going to the water park with her cousins on Tuesday so it's all good. Luke took off with my in-laws a few minutes ago and he'll be hanging with them a couple of days. It's been a while since I've been at home without without any kids. There's always the initial few minutes or so of, "What now?? It's so quiet. Nobody is asking for juice..." But then I find myself bombarded with my kid-free to do list...
1. Read more than three paragraphs at a time. And without grubby fingers trying to snatch my Kindle with all kinds of glee.
2. Take a long bath and leave all my stuff on the edge of tub, including my razor. But no toys.
3. Dig around on my bar and find the puzzle I started two months ago before all the crazy travel started. Contemplate whether or not all the pieces are still there. (They aren't. I know this. I should start a new one.)
4. Go to Walmart in the middle of the night (you know, 9 or 10pm) and roam around for an hour buying random things.
5. Stay up late. Sleep until 10.
6. Watch an actual movie. Either on at home or in a theater. Don't be in a rush about it either.
7. Eat a meal in a restaurant that doesn't involve a high chair. Don't be in a rush about that, either.
8. Turn on my computer. Maybe check facebook for real. Or read some blogs.
9. Plug things in and watch them stay plugged in. Like my Bluetooth speaker. And then use it and have it work.
10. Eat snacks without sharing.