Monday, August 26, 2013

Bad to Really Bad

So my mom wanted to see the kids this weekend and we packed them up to keep her happy. 

Sunday morning K starts running fever. I throw Tylenol at her and start packing up like a mad woman. The last thing a chemo patients needs is to snuggle with somebody who has fever. 

Today we saw the doc and K likely has hand foot and mouth. Great. Luke has a nasty sinus infection. Also great. I went to let my mom know and she's at the cancer center waiting to see an NP because her fever spiked last night. 

I just got word that they are admitting her for extremely low white blood count. 

I can't even go see her because I'm a giant carrier monkey. And I'm completely ignoring my scratchy throat because I absolutely cannot deal with that this week. 

No comments: