* I think I mentioned before that my brother was getting married on St. Paddy's day. It was a fantastic wedding, very small, very informal, and everybody had a good time (including my bother, which was amazing in itself). Kaycie wore her garage sale princess dress (somebody else's pageant dress that I paid $5 for) and had her own bouquet courtesy of the bride. I posted pictures and more info on my photo blog, so I won't go into it too much here, but I wanted to say congratulations to my bother and his new bride and her kids, who think my bother is super awesome. I couldn't be happier for them all.
* One of the problems we've been having with Kaycie lately is her fear of going to bed alone. Our routine is that Daddy reads two books, Mama reads too books, then sleep. But for the past couple of months that hasn't been the end of it. She'll beg me to stay with her and freak out if I leave. I've been spending a lot of time sitting outside her door every night waiting on her to go to sleep. Naps have become a nightmare for me, trying to get her to stay in bed while dealing with Luke. Last week Greg may have stumbled on a solution to that problem... Kaycie got a Tag, Jr reader for Christmas. I figured it would take her a little while to figure out how to use it and get interested in it, which was fine. My theory at Christmas is to get stuff she would gradually play with over the year. Brilliant plan. Over the past few weeks she's taken an interest in the reader. One night last week she wanted to take it to bed with her and Greg was like, "Sure!" Fast forward to last night - Daddy read two books, Mama read two books, then Kaycie read two books with her reader, all by herself. As long as I agree to come back and check on her, she's fine as long as she has her books. About two or three trips in to check on her and she was asleep. All by herself. The same process worked for naps today. Mama read two books, Kaycie read two books, and I checked in on her a couple of times until she fell asleep. I can't even tell you what a relief it will be if this a transition to a much better bedtime situation!
* Something I hadn't mentioned before was the fact that I had pretty much been on a hiatus from one of my favorite websites - Pinterest. There's been a lot of controversy over their Terms of Service lately and after I read them for myself I had some concerns. They had the right to sell any of the images pinned on their site and had some pretty harsh language about copyright protection. This is a problem since a lot of people either inadvertently or on purpose, don't always give proper credit to the things they pin. I try to check things before I repin them, but you just never know. So for a while now I've quit pinning things at all. I still browse the site from time to time but I've been inactive. This week I received an email from Pinterest saying they'd updated their TOS and fixed some of the issues. I was quite relieved to see the fixes, as well as seeing their willingness to respond to the concerns that have come up. I feel better enough about it to start pinning again. Perfect timing on that, since my new iPhone has an app for that...
* Greg's cousin Rosey and her daughter Meagan have opened up a children's consignment and gift shop in Forest called Smarty Pants. They started this project right around the time we decided it was safe to get rid of all of Kaycie's old clothes, so I managed to send them five boxes of stuff. Even after I sorted out the stuff I knew they didn't want and they sorted out some other stuff they couldn't use I still had over 100 items to sell. To be honest, I wasn't really concerned about making money off the clothes, I would have given them away if I'd known anybody having a little girl any time soon, but I did want to help them build some inventory to open the store. They opened on Friday and I already had over $11 in pre-opening sales! That's awesome, because as they've gotten more little stuff in Rosey has started emailing me cute things that would fit Kaycie. I have a feeling I will be spending all my credit as fast as I make it!
* Kaycie has become a little obsessed with the Muppets movie that just came out on DVD. She loves Muppets. Saturday I was downloading a couple of songs from the movie to my phone (yes, my old phone, hours before I traded it...) and she started yelling, "The Muppets!" I think that's awesome. Greg's put some DVD's of the original series on our Netflix list. And my new ringtone for my new phone - "Mah Na Mah Na." Too bad nobody ever calls me.