Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lasagna

First things first. I've been meaning to post this recipe for over a week. Greg's favorite thing in the world to eat is his mom's lasagna. I've tried to make it half a dozen times and can't get it right, but Sunday before last I put Greg in the kitchen and I assisted while he made it and I actually wrote things down. It was so good we ate it 3 nights for dinner. So, before I lose it, here's the recipe:

Lasagna

5 small cans tomato sauce
1/4 of an onion, diced (to taste)
2 lbs ground beef (use one for a less beefy sauce)
onion powder
oregano
garlic powder
1 large tub small curd cottage cheese (ricotta if you prefer)
2 cups mozzarella cheese
6 lasagna noodles, cooked (I cook 7, just in case one falls apart)

Brown ground beef an onion together. Drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings to taste. Simmer. Layer in a greased 9X13 casserole dish as follows:

Thin layer of sauce on bottom to keep it from sticking
3 noodles
1/2 of sauce
1/2 of cottage and mozz cheese
3 noodles
remaining sauce
remaining cheese

Cover with foil and cook @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Uncover and broil for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.

No comments: