Thursday, December 4, 2008

People Who Are Awesome

A friend of mine has been traumatized this week due to the loss of a pup that went AWOL while on a potty break during their holiday travels last weekend. I didn't realize until this morning that the pup got away at a gas station in Newton. When she told me that I immediately thought... hey wait, I know a pup-person in that area...

So I gave a shout out to Clucky, who left work to go look for the little fugitive. She wasn't able to find her, but while canvasing the area she talked to some folks who had seen her and tried to catch her as recently as this morning. My friend was very glad to hear that. They have been very worried about her with the cold weather and can't get back to look for her until the weekend.

Now, I don't think it's much of a shock to hear that I'm a bit of a softie when it comes to critter, and a HUGE softie when it comes to pups. Dog people tend to have this innate concern for any dogs, doesn't matter who they belong to. This little pup had been treated poorly by a former owner and as a result is quite scared of men. It breaks my heart to even think about it and right now I just want to go home and hug my pup. Clucky's a critter person, too and knows that a lost pup needs its people as much as its people need the pup. Thanks, Clucky, for all the help. Kelly and I are bothy insanely grateful. Just knowning she's still there is a huge relief. I owe you. Big. You're awesome.

8 comments:

mayberry said...

Awww. Clucky IS awesome. And so are you! Bout time you posted.

CluckyRN said...

Awwww, shucks.
*snot & tears*

I only hope someone would do the same for me if my goofy girl ever runs away from home.

I will be going back to check on her as soon as I can.
*hugs*

Susan said...

That's what I told Kelly. She couldn't believe I called you and you just up and went out there. I told her that pup people understand that pups are family, and if it was my dog I'd be asking anybody I could to help me find him!

From the Doghouse said...

Let us know when you find her!

black betty said...

that's sweet...thanks, cluck.

Sandi said...

I wish someone could find our dogs.
sniff.

Supermom said...

I sure hope the pup gets rescued soon.

I saw Bolt Saturday and all I kept thinking is DANG!.. Bolt looks just like Casper.

Susan said...

Told ya. Acts just like him, too.