Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughtful Gifts

This one could be subtitled: Why I Appreciate the In-Laws I Have

I have a friend at work, K, who is ten years younger than me but got married about the same time I did, two years ago. She is in no way interested in starting a family at this time, but has been dealing with exactly the same junk I get from people, particularly in our office, who think that it's time. You know, like when one of us gets a cold and feels like crap and somebody comes in and says, "Are you pregnant?"

Um, I'm snotty, I'm coughing up a lung and running fever. I can see where that screams pregnancy.

Anyway, she was opening gifts in front of a room full of people at her in-laws' house over the holidays and guess what her MIL had wrapped up for her? Not one, but TWO matching baby outfits. Seems she'd had a dream a while back that K had twins, so she decided to start shopping for them. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

mayberry said...

Oh dear lawd! I would have had to slap that woman. How assuming can you BE?

Supermom said...

You do have a pretty awesome MIL.

My in-laws used to pull this junk before I had a kid. Christmas presents for the "kid" that wasn't even conceived yet.