Monday, July 13, 2009

Closure

Ok, on the less cheery and considerably more depressing side...

I've mentioned here a few times about my former boss from my days as a banker, Mr. E, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year. I'd kept up with his condition through one of my informants at the bank and knew that things had gotten worse and he was on hospice. Today I was forwarded an email that his wife had sent out around noon today saying that the nurse from Hospice Ministries said she thought he was near the end. In the email she shared how she had struggled with God over Mr. E's illness and suffering, but that she had come to some understandings and realized that God's timing was perfect, even when watching a love done suffer with cancer. She had finally come to some peace with the situation and realized that God was taking care of them, and would continue to do so.

A few hours after I got that email, I received the call that he had passed away this afternoon. As much as that pains me, and as much as I am grieving for his family, I can't help but believe that God was waiting for her to be at peace before taking him, giving her some closure on what has been a horribly difficult year. I hope she is able to hold on to that faith and celebrate his life rather than dwell on his suffering. He was a good man.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this.

black betty said...

oh, girl...i'm so very sorry. peace be with you and the family.

xoxo

The Davidson's: Lynn, Chris, Park, and Dalt said...

I so hate to hear that. I know you always had good things to say about him. I'll be praying for the family. I know you really liked him.