Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fair Warning and MT's 38 Week Update

There will be no more coherent posts between now and MT's birth. And there likely won't be many after for a while. Not that I won't try to post, just don't expect any that make much sense.

I have really made an effort to start this year with less whining and a more positive attitude. Except now my kid has bronchitis, a sinus infection, and an ear infection. And I'm right behind her. I feel like death, I'm giving birth to this kid in less than a week, contractions are getting stronger (although not consistent) and if it's not hard enough trying to sleep and function at 38 weeks pregnant, I can't breathe and wake up coughing half the night. Seriously. Ok, I'm done whining. I'll keep the rest to myself.

So this week was our last OB appointment. I can't say I'm sorry to see those go. Going every week, especially during December when the clinic is packed and it takes forever to get in to see the doc, was wearing me down. The sonogram suggested MT was weighing in at 8lbs 2oz, but I'm going to point out that we had a different tech this time and it was the same one that measured him so big the first time in December. We think she tends to measure them bigger than the other one. It's all a guess anyway. I had progressed to a whopping 1cm. Woo. Most importantly, I got the trifecta of sinus ickies defense - decadron, rocephin, and a Z pack. I was hoping it would have helped more by now, but not so much. I have a ton of last minute stuff I want to get done and it's just not happening when I feel so awful.

I also got my reservation for next Wednesday at the Hospital for Women. We have to be there at 5:30am and I'll be under gremlin rules - no food after midnight. Here's hoping my ickies are totally gone by then, or else this is going to be way worse than I anticipate!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Dude. I'm so sorry. That just stinks. I really hope you are feeling better by Wednesday.