Thursday, February 3, 2011

Challenging

I won't lie, this week has been challenging. I convinced myself last night that today would be a better day, then went to bed.

The pup woke me up at 4am. I couldn't get back to sleep until right before Greg's alarm went off, before 7. Kaycie was up before 8, coughing worse than she was yesterday.

I knew that with the pending blizzardpallooza, which is more likely to contain ice than snow, I need to go ahead and run my Friday errands today. Kaycie seemed to know I was in a hurry and it took us FOREVER to get out of the house. Without my gloves. And my gas tank was sitting on empty.

Gas - check. Bank to get my weekly cash - check. Walmart - groan. We made it through. Kaycie was not a happy camper and I realized after we started shopping that the seat belt clip on the baby seat was broken. Grreeeaaaat. My little escape artist would NEVER crawl out of the buggy. I don't even want to talk about the rest of the trip to Walmart. Or the total meltdown she had while waiting in line, in the car, and continued after we got home.

I finally got Kaycie down for a nap, which is already 10 minutes more nap than she got yesterday. The child is inconsolable when she doesn't get a good nap. I need to come up with something fun to do this afternoon, as it is waaaay to cold to be outside and we will both have a better day if she is entertained! Perhaps I will go make some playdough.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry it was one of those days. I hope the weekend is better! Kaycie is a smart girl-she already knows Walmart is an unhappy place!!!! :)