Monday, February 28, 2011

Unemployement Day

It occurred to me over the weekend, as I reminisced about the horrible pain of my banking days and how wonderfully pain-free life had been since I left UMC, that every full-time job I've ever had I left at the end of February. Two years ago I left UMC. Four years ago I left BancorpSouth.

Happy Unemployment Day, people!

As it turns out, today is my father-in-law's last day of employment, too. He had to go into work this morning just long enough to turn in his badge. By now he should be officially and finally retired. It couldn't have happened to a better man. It's his second retirement, the first being from the Air Force, and I hope he enjoys every second of it. My mother-in-law is planning to retire in the fall, and my mother is seriously discussing retirement after my Dad's birthday in December. She would retire after her birthday in June, but she carries my Dad's insurance so she really need to stick it out until he hits the big 6-5. I may need a bigger house before January just to host grandparents.

No comments: