Tuesday, December 18, 2007

'Twas the Week Before Christmas...

This week is lasting forever. And it's TUESDAY.

There are very few people actually at work this week, and very few of the ones who are here are actually being productive. Frankly, I hate it. I finished a huge project on Friday and have nothing else major to work on until the first of the year, at least not that I can do without the help of some uncooperative people. In short, I'm bored. I have a million things I'd rather be doing somewhere else instead of trying to come up with stuff to keep me busy at work. But I have very little time off available, so I can't just say forget it and go home.

Yesterday the mind-numbingness of the week (all one day of it) resulted in this exchange of messages with my husband:

3:20ish
Me: i'm ready to go. is it time to go yet? i think it should be.
Him: Well, yes, it should be, but I don't think that's the case as of yet.
Me: well just blah. blah blah blah blah blah.

3:40ish
Me: NOW is it time to go? it's been hours since i last asked.
Him: It's been 20 minutes.
Me: it's' been 3 days, at least!
Him: Did you ever take your meds?
Me: ummmmmm...

4:20ish
Me: ok, surely NOW it's time to go. i mean come ONNNN. we've been locked up here for two weeks. they have to let us go home now, right???
Him: 10 minutes
Me: I might DIEEEEE!
Him: 7 minutes
Me: DIIIIEEEEE!
Him: 5 minutes
Me: oh SIGH! i think i just died. i'm dead now. too late.
Him: lol
Me: you laugh because i'm DEAD?
Him: You're not dead yet.
Me: i am! i DIED!
Him: You are happy, oh so happy!!!!

This started about 3:20 yesterday. Today I felt this way by 12:30. By Friday I may just start the day lying on the floor in a coma. Oh wait, I work in a hospital. Probably not a good idea. They'd charge me for the bed.

6 comments:

mayberry said...

It's the curse of knowing that you will be off from work. It always makes the preceeding week go by like waiting for....well, Christmas.

mayberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Webmaster said...

I'll trade places with you. We're slammed with early deadlines. Grr..

From the Doghouse said...

I'm the opposite; I'm trying to slam on the brakes this week, because I have way too much to do and not enough time to do it all.

Susan said...

I have 3 projects I NEED to be working on, but all 3 are at the point where I need information or an answer from somebody else before I can move forward, and that's just not happening this week! I think I'll go shred some stuff.

Supermom said...

You are so dang funny.