Monday, December 31, 2007

Yeah, OK, New Year, Blah Blah.

So I made it to midnight. Or 4 minutes 'till at this point. It's Greg's fault, he put on a movie. Anyway, it was a productive New Year's Eve, as I managed to win a coupon for a free Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit while I was rummaging around online. You gotta be one of the first 150,000 to register to win, so I'm not promising the link will work at any point in the future. But I do think it's an appropriate way to wrap up my year. I've scrounged and saved and pinched more pennies this year than I ever have in my life. Which reminds me, I also won a gift basket from Glad and the Food Network by going here a couple of days ago and entering the Tyler Florence thing, then doing the instant win game. I'm just on fire this week. Not sure when that one ends, so it may not work long either.

(Ok, had to take a break to kiss on my hubby. He switched over to watch the Peach Drop, or Peach Drip, as he called it, just in time for the countdown. First time I've ever been awake to be kissed at midnight on New Year's, I think...)

So anyway, despite my earlier cynicism about the whole thing, I now offer up a Happy New Year to each and all. Now I think I'll go finish watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and then maybe I'll feel like going to bed. I fear curling up in bed and watching Ratatouille earlier may have given me a bona fide second wind, which could make going to sleep a hard to reach resolution for the evening. The pup, however, is snoring on the couch. Lucky pup.

5 comments:

Supermom said...

I got a chicken biscuit. Thanks. I didn't win a Glad basket. =(

I specifically did NOT make it to midnight BECAUSE my husband put on a movie. 300. I had no intentions to watch that blood bath.

Happy new year!

Gorilla Bananas said...

I so admire humans who sleep through the turn of the year. It's what we gorillas do...

Susan said...

Took me two tries (you can enter once a day) to get the gift basket. I had determination! I do love me some free stuff.

And GB, you think us humans' sleeping is impressive, you should meet my pup. He's a master.

From the Doghouse said...

What comes with the Tyler Florence basket?

Susan said...

It's not so much a Tyler Florence basket, it's two different contests. One is for a trip to NY to see a taping of his show. AFTER you enter for that, you get taken to an instant win game where you can win a basket of products from Glad and a cookbook from the Food Network. Of course, every email I've gotten from them about it is careful to say they'd send it in 6-8 weeks SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION. We'll see if it ever shows up.

Sadly, I'm more excited about the basket than about the possibility of going to see Tyler Florence. Couldn't care less about winning that!