Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Redemption

Ok, in an effort to redeem my slacker self to the human race, I've officially posted several comments on MR's blog today, AND at least twice during lunch I asked Jen if I could touch her stomach and talk to the baby*. Heh. That's what friends are for, right?

Seriously folks, if you're not genetically linked to the baby, don't ask to touch the stomach. If you are genetically linked but weren't actually involved in the conception, ask before touching. I've never been preggers, but I know this much. If the mom is only a few weeks along and nowhere near close to showing yet, there's nothing to feel. Seriously. On behalf of all the pregnant people I know right know, especially BFF Jen who is already dealing with these people, leave the mother alone. If you don't she may very well bite you or cry at you, depending on the current circulation of hormones.

*For the record, I had no intention of mentioning Jen's little blob of baby joy until she did, but since she mentioned it over at MR's I figured it was safe. Could I be any more excited? Probably not. I'm totally pumped over little Baby Susan or Baby Casper.

5 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

What about the daddy? Can you touch his stomach?

clstigger said...

You are so silly!

Webmaster said...

Bless your heart. People used to harass me when I was pregnant too. Who wants random strangers touching their stomach? Ugh.

Susan said...

Doghouse - I can't speak to that protocol, but in this case I think I'll refrain. I'm pretty sure he could squash me if he wanted to. Maybe I'll try that on Sharonda's brother-in-law. He's pretty small, I think I could take him.

Susan said...

And what exactly do you mean by silly, Jen? I mean, clearly you must mean the public service announcement about touching the tummy, because I KNOW you weren't refering to my choice of baby names!