Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sounded Like a Good Plan To Me

Over the weekend Greg and I had an assortment of bizarre conversations, one of which resulted in Greg announcing a brilliant plan for starting our family. He suggested that if Jennifer would just have quadruplets they could keep two, we could have two, and we would both be done. I was all on board with this. Think about it, one round of morning sickness (not mine), one labor (not mine), one set of hospital and doctor bills (which we could split), and we all end up with the socially required two kids. We'd even give them first choice.

I mentioned this plan to Jen yesterday and it didn't go over as well. Today she mentioned that she thought I should have to go through it all just because it would make for some darn funny blog posts. I assured her I could create funny ones about her going through it. She countered with the fact that we'd have to start going to doctor's appointments with her. I assured her that I could point and laugh at her in the doctor's office.

Ok, so that might not have been the best thing to say if I was trying to persuade her. I guess it doesn't matter, since she said there weren't enough Little Figments to go around. Shoot. Maybe next time she'll plan that better.

6 comments:

mayberry said...

I think your plan sounds like a winner. Sorry the surrogate didn't go for it!

I tend to agree with your friend though. You, pregnant, blogging. I can't wait!

From the Doghouse said...

I thought good friends made sacrifices for each other? You may have to rethink this relationship.

clstigger said...

Wait a minute doghouse! You don't understand how long it was my responsibility to take care of Susan. I tried to warn Greg but I'm not sure he listened. Having 2children for her at this point is a little much. But I still love her like my sister.

Susan said...

Responsibility? I'm pretty sure that was a mutually beneficial situation. You kept me from accidentally killing myself and I gave you plenty to laugh at on a regular basis! Besides, our plan included several perks for you as well. Not like it was JUST birthing two kids to give us. You would get two of your own, at half the price!

Webmaster said...

Aw, c'mon Susan .. you don't want to go through a pregnancy? Where's your sense of adventure?

Susan said...

Oh I don't mind going through it at some point, I just don't see why we can't be more efficient about these things.