Friday, June 6, 2008

Road Trip Triva Challenge

As you know, we've spent a couple of days pilgramaging across I-20. Since I hate to abondon all of you and have you feel left out, I put together a little trivia challenge.

Post your answers in the comments, you will recieve one point for each correct answer, two points for each correct answer to a Bonus Question, and there's a tiebreaker question just in case, closest guess wins. Only one entry per person, if you post two I will only count the first one. The winner will receive a Susan's Road Trip Gift Pack. The challenge will be open through midnight on Monday, June 9. The correct answers as well as the name of the winner will be announced on Tuesday, provided we get back on time. Challenge not available to people who were in the car with me during the trip. So here goes!

1. Which of the following states has the most miles of I-20 asphalt?

a. Mississippi
b. Alabama
c. Georgia
d. South Carolina

1 Bonus Question - Which of the above states has the least miles of I-20 asphalt?

2. Which of the following Mississippi towns can also be found in Georgia?

a. Madison
b. Monticello
c. Panola
d. Newton

3. In the good old days we played a road trip game by counting VW "Luvbugs." This time we found something new to count. What was it?

a. Hummers
b. State Troopers
c. Cracker Barrels
d. Orange Barrels

3 Bonus Question - If you answered #3 correctly, how many did Greg and I count between Jackson and Columbia, SC?

4. Which of the following cities had the least amount of I-20 traffic during our trip?

a. Meridian (Wednesday 6pm)
b. Talledega (Wednesday 7pm)
c. Atlanta (Thursday, 11am)
d. Augusta (Thursday, 2pm)

5. What is the longest stretch of road to drive (mentally) east of the Mississippi River?

a. Jackson to Atlanta
b. Atlanta to Augusta
c. Augusta to Columbia
d. Columbia to Irmo

6. At which of the following are we most likely to end up in the wrong lane at the split and have to do a turnaround to get back to I-20?

a. I20/I55 split in Jackson
b. I20/I59 split in Birmingham
c. I20/I285 split in Atlanta
d. I20/"What IS that road over there??" in Augusta

7. Which of the following states has the most road signs per square foot?

a. Mississippi
b. Alabama
c. Georgia
d. South Carolina

8. How many years has I20 East leading into Augusta been greeting visitors with orange barrels and lane closures?

a. 1 year
b. 2 years
c. 5 years
d. 8+ years

9. Who was the better golfer?

a. Bobby Jones
b. Robert Trent Jones

10. The first officially designated "parking area" on I20 East in South Carolina does not allow what?

a. Cars
b. Trucks
c. Pets
d. Parking

Tie Breaker:
How much was the cheapest gas we found, excluding the Jackson metro area?

3 comments:

Supermom said...

1. Alabama
1-bonus: S.C.
2. Flawed question as the answer is "all of the above".
3. a.
3-bonus: 22
4. b
5. a
6. c
7. ok, at this point I give up as I'm getting bored. =)

mayberry said...

I don't travel much. I'm totally guessing.

1 - b
1 bonus - d
2 - d
3 - d
3 bonus - 5,000
4 - a
5 - a
6 - c
7 - b
8 - d
9 - b
10 - d
$3.97 for regular.

clstigger said...

Well I didn't have the energy to think over the weekend but I will give this a shot today.
1. B. AL
Bonus: SC
2. Trick question both Madison and Monticello and here are a few more Canton, Walnut Grove, Corinth, Raymond and Greenville
3. D. Orange Barrels
Bonus 500
4. B Tallegega
5. Because of the time your traveled it I am going to say A. Jackson to Atlanta since it was right after work.
6. C
7.C
8. D
9. B
10.B
Tie Breaker $3.85
But I am with Supermom that was a long quiz! Hope you had a nice trip.