Monday, January 5, 2009

Strange Coincidence

I had notices today that two of my books were requested from Paperback Swap. Now that's not unusual, but I assumed they were both requested by the same person since both requests came through at the same time, both have been posted for a couple of months with no activity, and the books are both memoirs about Jews during the Holocaust.

Nope. They're going to two different states. How odd. I can only surmise that school is back in session and the Holocaust is a popular subject for lit classes this semester. Perhaps some of my other lit books will find a home as reading lists are passed out in classrooms this week!

I might add that I've read more good books since joining PBS than I've read in the past few years. It's like a dormant seed sprouting in my brain or being stranded for a week with no food and stumbling up on a seafood buffet. I've missed reading good stuff. I need to post about some of them.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Thank you so much for telling me about this site. It's been a godsend. And thanks for this blog post. It reminded me that I have to wrap some books. :)

Susan said...

I know! I love it. I've found some great books that I never would have actually bought. It's awesome.