Tuesday, March 29, 2011


This is not what I had wanted to blog about today.

As I posted on Facebook moments ago, I really wish there was a way to determine if Kaycie had an ear infection without making an appointment, driving half an hour across town and dropping another 60 bucks.

She's been crazy fussy this morning. Could be she's super tired; she's been giving me her zombie look for a while so I just put her down for a nap an hour and a half early. She's been shoving her fingers into the back of her mouth and chewing on them. Could be some of those new teeth she's had coming in forever. She's been clingy and wanting me to hold her for two days. Could be that developmental leap I talked about in the last post.

She's had the major sniffles for a solid week. Could be an ear infection.

Because of the sniffles I've been anticipating an ear infection, so maybe I'm a bit sensitive. She's eating and sleeping fine (or as fine as she's eaten in the past few months), which makes me think I may be wrong. And the idea of doing another 10 days of antibiotics makes me want to crawl under a rock. She does not do antibiotics well. Not to mention every time a doc says "ear" I cringe waiting for the "tubes" shoe to drop. It hasn't been mentioned yet, but at this rate I fear it's going to be inevitable. I want her to feel better and if it helps then we'll do it, but I was really really really hoping it wouldn't come to that. If it wasn't for the constant fight of allergies we wouldn't have these issues. Oh wait, she's Greg's child, and we do live in Mississippi. I suppose they should have gone ahead and put in tubes at birth.

Sigh. Guess I'll see how she's feeling after lunch then go ahead and call the doc's office.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Well just hang in there. I bet it's the teeth if I was guessing what with the way she's keeping her hands in her mouth and so fretful. You and I both know that that kind of pain would probably make anybody cranky and whiny.