Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reason #847 Why My Hubsband Rocks

I'm so irritated with the world today that I thought I should post something positive just to move on.

A couple of nights ago I had this conversation with Greg:

Greg: Did you get a nap today?

Me: No. I rested a bit but never fell asleep.

Greg: You really need to start sleeping more in the afternoons...

I would like to point out that this was right before he unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, and ran it so that I wouldn't have to deal with it the next morning.

And yesterday we had this conversation via text:

Me: I just had a dream that we were texting about whether or not to go get salsa tonight.

Greg: LOL

Me: For the record, in my dream we decided yes.

Greg: That sounds good to me!

I have the BEST. HUSBAND. EVER.

Did I mention that he's taking off work tomorrow to hang with Kaycie while I drive to Memphis with my mom to attend a cousin's wedding? We were originally all going to go and make a weekend of it, but some other things came up and we need to back home Saturday anyway so... We decided not to torture Kaycie with the long drive (I'm picking Mom up in Philly before heading up to Memphis, adding a couple of hours to my trip each way) Greg suggested they stay home and Mom and I go. Because he's awesome. He also suggested I go ahead and drive up to Philly tonight so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but I'd rather wait. I really don't dig being away from my little family any more than necessary!

And, to top it off, I casually mentioned that I couldn't decide what to make for dinner tonight, so he immediately informed me that we had $15 of food money left for the week (we get cash tomorrow, so the week ends today) and if I had another $3 we could get pizza and wings so I didn't have to cook.

Now if you'll excuse me, Kaycie is asleep, so I need attempt to get some rest myself. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Aww. He does sound pretty awesome. But you deserve nothing less.