Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Terrible Awful No Good Very Bad Day

Yesterday sucked.

I haven't had a day that bad in a very, very long time.

And it bothers me that I can't pinpoint why. I didn't sleep much the night before. I had a mildly chaotic morning with a bit a of stress. And my sinuses were hating on me big time. By nap time I was exhausted, so as soon as I put Kaycie to bed, I put myself to bed and passed out. I could have slept with my neck at a bad angle. I could have been grinding my teeth and putting pressure on my jaw during the stressful dream I had (that I woke up from gasping for air). I dunno. But I know that I woke up from my nap with a screaming headache.

I took some meds and ate something, hoping one of those would make it better. Turns out I was in so much pain I wasn't paying attention and took the wrong med. No big deal, Tylenol instead of Ibuprofen, but I'm not supposed to take Tylenol while pregnant. Great. Regardless, neither helped.

By the time Greg got home he found me laying on my back in a warm bath, with Kaycie pouring water over my head and piling toys on top of me. It had gotten so bad that I couldn't stand up without crying, so I got in the tub to help loosen up some of the muscles in my neck and shoulders. That helped. Marginally. Greg went to get us food (because cooking wasn't an option) and immediately after dinner I abandoned my family and went to bed. That was shortly after 6pm. I was done.

Thankfully Greg took care of all the necessary nightime/bedtime activities for Kaycie, banished the dogs from our bedroom and apparently threatened the evil spirits at the other end of his pager. I slept last night. Really, really well. I felt better this morning, but yesterday was so bad that I was afraid to get out of bed for fear something would trigger and I would start hurting again. So far so good, let's hope it lasts past naps. Because I'm not sure I can survive another repeat of yesterday. I don't think I'm as strong as I used to be when it comes to pain management.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Awww boo, I am SO sorry about your terrible, awful, no good, very bad day. =( That totally sucks.

I hope you are feeling MUCH better this weekend.