Monday, June 6, 2011

Jumbles

No, I wasn't abandoning you on purpose. I've been sans-webs since Thursday. It's a hard life when all your family lives in the boonies.

So I'm pretty much tired to the point of falling over. Let's recap the last few days:

Thursday - doc appointment at 8:30am. Took the potamus. Was there forever. Got home at 11:30, had lunch plans with BFF Sharonda at noon. Got home at 2:30. Had to pack and get on the road between 4 and 4:30 for a funeral visitation in Forest. When that was over we drove to Philly to drop off Kaycie then drove back to Morton to spend the night.

Friday - Drove to Hillsborough for a funeral. (Greg's Uncle Butch, if I hadn't mentioned that before. Lung cancer. Very sad.) They had a grave side service at the church cemetery. Yes, that is outside. It was hot at 10am. I got dizzy and nearly passed out halfway through the service. After that we went to the traditional lunch at a relatives house nearby, then back to Morton to get our stuff. Then we drove back to Philly, where we'd left Kaycie.

Thankfully we were done with the driving for a bit. We decided that as long as we were there we'd spend the weekend with my parents. Except Saturday we ended up going into town (about 10-15 miles away) 3 times. I was worn out. Sunday we drove home via Morton again, where we'd left the poor pup so he wouldn't be out in the heat all weekend.

I took a monster nap Sunday afternoon. I needed it.

Meanwhile, Greg's cousin is doing fantastic. They were supposed to move him to Methodist Rehab today, which is amazing. He's standing on his own a little bit, walking with help, and eating real food. Dude. Amazing.

And one of my dearest friends found herself in a similar spot, as her father fell and had a brain bleed last week. They were also in ICU waiting for a neuro bed with her dad in a coma. But they didn't make it. Her father died Sunday morning. I can't even begin to guess at why one is miraculously saved and one is not, but it's not for me to know. Breaks my heart though. Such a sweet family. She has a kiddo two weeks younger than Kaycie.

And on a final, totally unimportant note, after a year on the wish list at PBS, I finally got a copy of The Help this week. Now I have to find time to read it.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my goodness. What a week! I'm so sorry about the losses - and, like you, just cannot fathom the ways of God, but when I can't understand His ways, I trust in His character. It's the only way I survive some days. And I know you do the same. Which is why I love you!

The Help is TOTAL AWESOMENESS. I hope you love it as much as I did.

Susan said...

I managed to get about 30 pages into it. And I'm just saying, if something bad is going to happen to that little girl somebody better tell me now so I can stop, because I do NOT handle that well these days! Read a book called Sarah's Key a while back and a young kid (maybe 3?) dies a terrible death and I very nearly beat up the friend that recommended it.