Monday, July 30, 2007

5 Things - The Sandman Version

5 Things I've Done to Try to Get to Sleep for the Past 3 Nights:

1. Nice cup of warm chocolate milk before bed
2. Counting backwards from 100, repeatedly
3. NOT taking that fabulous nap I wanted so desperately when I got home from work
4. Blankets on, blankets off, blankets on, blankets off
5. Benadryl

How many of these things worked? Zero. Not one. Which means tomorrow, for the third day in a row, will suck. I like to sleep. Really like it. And it irritates me when I can't. What's worse is that when I have this much trouble getting to sleep, I usually end up having really bizarre dreams and wake up off and on the rest of the night. Like last night, when I dreamed that I was being chased by the evil Transformers and was hiding out in a shoe store looking for weapons to use against them. Come to think of it, maybe that's why my brain won't go to sleep. It's afraid of more weird dreams. I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow.

No comments: