Monday, July 16, 2007

Bodysnatchers

Anybody who knew me ten years ago, heck, five years ago, will wonder who I am and what the snatchers did with my body. But you know, I really love shopping for wedding gowns.

Yes, that makes me crazy, but with 3 weddings within a year (mine, Jen's, and now Sharonda's) I've had the opportunity to watch three ordinary women turn into giggling princesses while trying on gowns. And it's fun. I've never been very girlie, and when I went to try on dresses I was terrified. Thanks to the fantastic group of goofballs that went with me, I had a great time and found THE dress. Granted, they made me put on every ugly gown they could find just for fun in the meantime! With Jen it was the same thing, we were in a hurry by the time we got to the last store, and she was just going to try on a couple of gowns and come back later, but when she put on THE dress, the search was over. It was a transformation. Yesterday I got to go with Sharonda on her first trip to find a gown and we had a blast. We new the minute she put on THE gown that she was going home with it. Something about the satin and tulle and the veil and... I told another friend today that we don't choose our wedding gown, our gown chooses us. You walk out in THE dress and light up, giggle, and shine, with no control over it. Sharonda did that yesterday. And she was so beautiful! I can't wait to see her lucky groom's face when she steps into the church December 1!

No comments: