Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Coke and a Smile

I ran into my father-in-law this morning in the hallway at work - quite literaly. My drink fell and went all over the floor. My FIL was very apologetic, even though it wasn't his fault, and refused to let me help with the clean up. I assured him it wasn't a big deal, and by the time I sat down in my office I'd pretty much forgotten about it.

WhenI got back from a long, agonizing lunch meeting I found a cold Coke sitting on my desk with a note from him. Now, I wasn't ever upset about losing my drink in the first place, but the fact that he went to the effort made me smile.

I really did marry into a great family. I know that a lot of people don't have that luxury, so I try hard not to take it for granted. They live close enough that if they were crazy people (like some of my friends' in-laws!), they'd make me nuts. Dodged a big bullet on that one. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with good in-laws!

2 comments:

Supermom said...

aw...that is so sweet!

I have great in-laws too. My FIL can get under my skin with his stupid Gator obsession. And he is a TERRIBLE winner or loser at games (golf, mini golf, board games, bowling, pool)..

and unfortunately he's good at most all of it so I get the 'bad winner' attitude. Which is way worse than a 'bad loser'.

But if that's my only complaints, I have it pretty good. They are very 'good people'.

CluckyRN said...

I still have dinner with my ex in-laws...and I have been divorced over 7 years. MIL tells the ex, "You divorced her, I didn't." They are great too~

Congratulations...you don't know how good you have it!

~:>