Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Coin Doesn't Lie

I've made my basketball bracket picks. I actually ended up in two different groups, the MRBA group and one other, where my bracket is titled, "Must Defeat Benji." Heh.

I'm taking my responsibility very seriously. We watched the selection show. I researched each team, their rankings, their records, their superstitions, their passion. Then I sat in the floor with my laptop and shiny quarter and started flipping. The first round games were decided on one flip, all rounds after that were decided by best of three flips.

The results were a little unexpected, but the coin doesn't lie. Even when it has a second round game between an 11th and 12th ranked team. The coin doesn't lie. Even when it has a 13th ranked team beating a 4th ranked team in the first round. The coin doesn't lie.

What I don't understand is how my two different brackets ended up with totally different results. The two final teams the coin chose for one group bracket both lose in the 2nd round of the other group bracket. But I must trust the coin...

6 comments:

Stacey said...

MBRA? My Big Red Apple? Majorly Bombing Regional Athletics?

:D

Susan said...

Most likely the second, but I've fixed it now, thank you very much. I don't have my glasses on, so I'm pretty much just guessing at what I type anyway!

Webmaster said...

Reminds me of a college friend and the Coke machine outside the newspaper office. The guy who loaded it was half retarded, so you never knew what would come out when you pushed the buttons. Finally, Lindsay just gave up. She'd put her money in, cover her eyes, push all the buttons at once and say, "Hand of Fate!" Whatever came out was what she got. Guess her coins didn't lie, either. LOL

BENJI said...

heh heh heh!

From the Doghouse said...

If you used a quarter, you should be fine. A nickel, however, will give you screwy results.

Susan said...

Definately a quarter. I tried several different coins and had trouble getting a good spin on the smaller ones.

And Benji - you're going down. Be prepared.