Friday, March 14, 2008

Coin Flip

I've joined my first ever NCAA Basketball bracket group, courtesy of an invite from the MRBA. Now let's review everything I know about NCAA basketball:

1. It's the college sport played with the orangey-colored round ball.

2. The men where baggy shorts.

3. Whichever team is referred to as "UT" or "Longhorns" should win.

Well, that just about sums it up. And I will give credit where it's due - the full depth of that knowledge came from my dear husband's teachings. Football I get. Baseball I love. Basketball... I don't think I've ever been to a game. That aside, I feel pretty good about this group. Unless some of the more knowledgable boys sign up, the ignorance/humiliation ratio should be pretty good, despite Commissioner Supermom's motto: 'Cause we're smarter than the sports bloggers.

Now I need to go do my research before the picks open on Sunday. I have to find just the right coin to flip that is least likely to cause a repetitive stress injury.

9 comments:

Supermom said...

I don't follow basketball. But as soon as March Madness, I do the brackets. (usually the mail-in CL ones)

It's all a crap shoot.... LOL

Webmaster said...

Basketball baffles me. It's just a bunch of sweaty people running around with a ball, slapping at each other and jumping around. Good luck with your picks...

Susan said...

I love doing stuff like this. I know nothing about it, so I feel no pressure. Greg does every fantasy sport you can imagine. I didn't know there was such a thing as fantasy Nascar until last year. Anyway, his advice was that the #1 seed always wins the first round, but that doesn't mean they'll win the second; and if Xavier makes it past the first round, they'll be in the Sweet 16, probably much further. K. I dunno. I just flip the coin and talk trash like I know what I'm doing.

The Topiary Cow said...

Unlike football, Cow actually understands basketball, from having played it. It's fun, fast moving, and Cow guarantees you'll feel short.

Any questions?

Moo!

Susan said...

OH NO. I'm not short. Uh uh. At 5'3" I am exactly normal. Those other people are simply freakishly tall, as are most people I know!

The Topiaryiest Bunny said...

Susan,

You can come sit and watch the game with Bunny.

Guaranteed you will then feel tall.

Hippity-hop!

BENJI said...

Don't listen to Grefrey. UT will lose!

CluckyRN said...

Susan, I heard about this on Gestalt Gardener yesterday, and HAD to share. Thanks to Felder Rushing for this!

http://www.mpbonline.org/radio/programs/GestaltGardener/images/080314/Mr.%20Potato%20Head%20visits%20the%20Gestalt%20Garden%20Gnome.JPG

Just cut & paste, hunny!
~:>

Susan said...

Hey Bunny! Bunnies are, indeed, just the right size!

Benji - I have no opinion one way or the other. It's either heads or tails for me!

And Clucky, that was great! I showed my mom and she asked if that was my yard. Ha.