Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mostly Not Dead Yet

I had my follow up appointment for my Heart Risk Assessment today. There was good news and bad news. The good news is that they calculated a zero percent chance that I would develop heart disease in the next ten years.

The bad news is that I'm dead. Guess that would help my odds at not having heart disease.

One of the leads on my EKG was flatlined. This could be what Boss #2 meant when she said she thought there was a "slight abnormality" on my EKG.

(And for the record, I scored a "B" overall on my assessment. Not too bad, but considering my family history and current numbers, we'll be working on some more cholesterol balancing techniques going forward!)

6 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

"Well, being dead cost you some points, we'll have to give you a 'B'."

From the Doghouse said...

BTW, did Billy Crystal and Carol Kane officially declare you "mostly dead"?

Susan said...

I was thinking a cross between Billy Crystal (I love that movie!) and the "Bring Out Your Dead" Monty Python skit where the guy keeps say, "But I'm not dead yet..."

And actually I think I gained points for being dead, since they were only trying to determine my risk of developing heart disease in the next ten years. Kinda hard to develop it when you're dead.

Webmaster said...

Can we write your epitaph?

Susan said...

Ha. By all means, feel free!

And by the way, I told Greg I was taking my Peeps to my mom's house this weekend so she could help me pimp them, since I felt sure that would be a project she'd enjoy. He replied, "Yep. It's hereditary."

Webmaster said...

You a Kurt Vonnegut fan? It could be:

"So it goes"