Friday, March 7, 2008

Choices

I knew this time would come.

As you know, I've been very carefully allocating my weekly stuff money to pay for gardening supplies. It's a good plan and has worked well. I still have to buy a little more dirt, mulch, and save up so I can buy all the plants at one time. It's very feasable if I stay on track and put aside money each week.

But then Greg picks up the new Pinball Hall of Fame game for the Wii at Blockbuster this week.

I WANT IT. I WANT IT A LOT.

Greg and I both love pinball. We've been know to go to the bowling alley down the street from our house to play the Spiderman 3 table. We searched out an arcade with pinball when we were on vacation at the beach. One of us is actually very good. The other likes to watch the shiny ball chase the bright flashy lights around. I'll let you decide which description fits who.

Anyway, I've killed many brain cells and wasted entire days playing the old Pinball Hall of Fame on the PSP (it's what keeps me awake in the car when we road trip anywhere) and the Wii game has a whole pile of different classic tables. It's all I've done for two nights in a row. It was so bad last night while Greg was gone bowling that I totally forgot to feed my pup until it was time for bed. Which was much later than I should have been in bed. It's an addiction. I need it. I don't need food. I don't need sleep. I need Pinball Hall of Fame.

But it costs more than a whole week's stuff money. So now I have to decide. This has been the most valuable part of budgeting for us. There are two things I want a lot. I can only get one at the moment, one will have to wait. I've learned much patience from this. And right now having patience is the absolute worst thing in the world.

Damn you, Pinbot. And you, Gorgar. And you, Whirlwind. And yes, even you, Space Shuttle!

3 comments:

Webmaster said...

Oh man. You've got it bad, sister.

clstigger said...

Step away from the Wii! I'm ready for that garage sale. Did you remember to feed the pup????

Susan said...

Sadly, now we can't find the Pinball game for sale anywhere in town! Hmmm.

And yes, Jen, I fed the pup! And I wasn't ignoring your call Friday night, I didn't notice the missed call until late Saturday night. I'd left my phone on vibrate, of course.