Monday, March 10, 2008

Election Issues

With our primary election being tomorrow, and for the first time in my lifetime we actually have candidates visiting Mississippi, it has occured to me that there's one issue that's being completely ignored. Nobody asked Chelsea Clinton about it at Sal & Mookies last night. Nobody will ask Obama about it at JSU today, nobody grilled Bill or Hillary while they were here last week. And let's face it, McCain isn't coming this way because he's moved on to more important things already.

But if I could get all three candidates together in a room and grill them about one issue, here's what I want to know:

Since all three of you are members of the Senate, can you tell me exactly whose idea it was to move the time change back to March, and which of you voted for it???

That alone could decide my vote in November. Because this, my friends, was a really, really bad plan. And whoever thought is was a good plan doesn't deserve my vote.

9 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow thinks any time change is a bad idea.

How come something that effects everyone twice a year passed so easily, yet they can't do anything about gas prices?

Moo!

Supermom said...

Am I the oddball cause I like the time change?

No, I don't like losing an hour of my precious sleep... but I so love the fact it turns darker later at night.

Susan said...

I never had a big problem with it in April, but doing it early is killing me. It just feels unnatural.

Susan said...

And yes, Supermom, you're an oddball. Perhaps not for that reason, but you know, just in general. =)

Greg said...

I just vote to leave it alone, one way or the other. Why keep on messing up our sleep schedule to make it light or darker just a little bit longer? Geez!!!! Its fine if they want to keep it on the daylight savings time plan, I would be ok with it, but please, just leave the time alone!!!!

There is a stat I love to use about this whole thing....

Do you know on what day of the year that the most accidents occur?

Yep, you would be correct, the day that the time leaps forward an hour!!!!

Webmaster said...

Amen, sister. My daughter and I watched the sunrise this morning on the way to school. There's just something wrong about that...in March.

From the Doghouse said...

I love gaining an hour's sleep in the fall. Outside of that, if they did away with it I wouldn't miss it.

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow is with Greg. That's an interesting stat, and Cow feels lucky she didn't add to it this morning.

Cow just wants it left alone too. Something as basic as when you have to get up in the morning shouldn't be messed with, especially twice a year.

Moo!

Webmaster said...

Don't forget to vote.