Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blah.

Please ignore this post. I'm just being whinny, and I don't really want to subject people to that.

I'm procrastinating like a champ today. Yesterday I was given a rather big project to do, which normally our Chief's admin assistant would handle but she's too busy doing the jobs of two other people since they can't seem to hire enough suport staff to handle our absurd growth in faculty over the past few months (or replace our medical records lady who left in June!). Anyway, it's the kind of project I hate doing, with all this coordinating of other people and planning several receptions and making travel arrangements for other people and scheduling several agendas... It's not all that complex, but it is the kind of thing that I'm just not good at and can't stand doing. It's put quite the damper on what I'd hoped would be a productive return from my time off.

Meanwhile, I scratched the daylights out of my glasses while we were out of town and while it's not bad enough for me to replace them (I've only had these a few months!) I haven't gotten used to the flaw yet so it's still a bit distracting. I keep reminding myself that I had my last pair for 3 years, and they are considerably more scratched up than these.

I need to go clothes shopping, for both me and Greg. He needs new work pants, I just need clothes. I'm probably the only woman on Earth who really doesn't enjoy clothes shopping. The last few times I went, Greg had to go with me and literally force me to buy stuff. I have no sense of what looks good, refuse to buy the expensive stuff that I know would look good on me, and am horribly stubborn when it comes to paying full price for anything.

On a much more upbeat note, it looks like I'm going to get to go to lunch with BFF Jen today and get caught up on the baby joy. I got to see the sonogram pictures of little Figment last night and I think he may look a little like me...

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

You certainly are NOT the only woman on earth who despises clothes shopping.
Horrors.