Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mocha, SweetTarts, and Tomatoes

It's 11:00pm and Greg's getting ready to go to work. He has to go in at midnight to do a (blah blah technical blah) and hopefully will get home about the time I get up to go to work in the morning. He tried to convince himself to go to sleep earlier but it wasn't happening, so I'm afraid he has a long night ahead of him. In anticipation of that, he make a quick run to Starbucks for a mocha and now he's bouncing off the walls. He said it's the equivalent of me eating two rolls of sweet tarts in one sitting. Dang. Me? I'm just awake, and probably will be until he leaves.

Speaking of sweet tarts, I really really really wished for a camera phone earlier this evening. We ran to Chick Fila for a snacker and as we were leaving two guys in this hoopdie car drove past. The car was painted like a sweet tart box. Seriously. Half was blue, half was pink, and it actually had "SweetTarts" painted across the doors. I'm not making that up, Greg was with me, he's a witness. They were driving toward WalMart and I considered going home, getting the camera out of my car and going back to get a picture, but I was pretty sure they weren't actually going to the Mart to shop, they were just cruising for chicks. I gotta get a camera phone.

Anyway, I took Jen's suggestion and played the mortgage card on the doc's questionnaire today. This morning I couldn't remember the other two questions for anything, but one was "Do you have any new problems since your last visit?" Which I answered, "How to spend the piles of money we won't be sending to the mortgage every month." The other one was "What is your biggest worry at this time?" I answered that one, "Surviving the heat. My tomato plants surviving the heat. My pup surviving the heat..."

Speaking of tomato plants, I picked my first roma tomato when I got home this evening. It's little, but I grew it myself so I'm very proud of it. I'd take a picture, but I think my camera is still in my car and the carport seems very far away right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll dress it up and take pictures like a fashion show. I'll have to contemplate what I could use as tomato fashion.

3 comments:

mayberry said...

I like SweetTarts.

And Starbucks.

And Tomatoes.

From the Doghouse said...

What kind of pickup line do you use when you're in a SweetTart car?

And get the camera out of the car, it's too hot to leave it there!

Supermom said...

You always make my day