Monday, July 14, 2008

Where In The World Is...

Greg found out on Friday that we are going to be taking a little trip at the end of this week. Where are we going this time? I'll give you a little hint, here's a sample packing list:

Sunscreen
Shades
Binoculars
Fire extinguisher

That's right folks, we're heading to California. Santa Barbara, to be precise. Home of a nice beach, year round whale watching, and wildfires. The good news is that the official Santa Barbara visitor's website has a link for Fire Updates. Comforting. Have I ever mentioned my total paranoia about fire in general? Over the weekend the site listed the air quality as improving, but today it depends on the direction of the wind as to how much smoke and ash they get. I'm going to take a moment and ignore these things so I can enjoy my trip and kick back on the beach while Greg plays with the robots. The weather is supposed to be sunmy, mid 70's with practically zero humidity. Do people really live like that in July?

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Ohhh, Santa Barbara is sooooo nice... You're gonna love it.

If you can somehow make it so you can fly into LAX instead of SBA, the drive between the two is incredible.

Have fun!

From the Doghouse said...

Have fun and don't make an ash of yourself!

mayberry said...

(turning green with envy) =(

PLEASE take me with you!!!

Susan said...

Doghouse - ouch. That was just bad.

Stacey - I have no control over the flight, which I must admit makes me a little nuts. The company that invited Greg out there is arranging everything. As of right now, I don't even know if it's been booked, which day we're leaving, what time, etc. I keep repeating to myself, "We're not paying for it. We're not paying for it."

Webmaster said...

Hope y'all have a wonderful trip!!

Supermom said...

have fun!