Friday, July 18, 2008

Time Warp

Who knew that while it's July in Mississippi, it's late November in Santa Barbara, California??? It's cold here, people. The news said it was 112 in Palm Springs, which from what I gather isn't all that far from here, but it is on the other side of the mountains. Apparently the mountains control the seasons here, because it's darn cold in Santa Barbara. I'm waiting on it to warm up a bit before taking a stroll so I don't end up on the beach in my jeans. Brrr. And there's no way I'm getting in the water, I'd have hypothermia!

I can't get used to the time change. The computer clock says it's 11am, but it's only 9. It's even weirder at night, when my body says it's 10pm and the sun's still out! I'm sure I'll get adjusted about the time we leave on Sunday.

We've been having a great time, though. I've never flown over mountains before, and landing in Salt Lake City was pretty awesome. It was too dark to see anything by the time we flew over Santa Barbara. Spent about five hours yesterday just walking. It's not what I expected at all, but it's been neat. Met a lady at Greg's conference reception last night from Mississippi who now lives in Tampa, and another who is here from Nashville, which made it even better. Nothing like hanging out with fellow rednecks when you're this far from home!

I'll post a couple of pictures from our sightseeing as soon as I figure out how to work Greg's computer. He doesn't have my favorite picture editing software, or even a SD card slot. Yeah, I'm spoiled. And I like it.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I lived in El Segundo, and it was always funny to me how it never got hotter than 80, but 20 miles away in the valley it was 110 in the shade. The further you get from the beach, the hotter it was.

Hope you're having a good time!

Webmaster said...

Even with the cold, I hope you're having fun. :)