Thursday, July 24, 2008

Uh Oh

Greg got paged and just left to run up to the hospital to fix a thing while I finish up the laundry so I can pack to go visit the fam this weekend. I went to grab a shirt I'd thrown in the dryer to "iron," but when I tried to restart the dryer it wouldn't start. It tries to start, but it wouldn't. It makes that sound like your car engine when your battery's dead and the engine won't turn over. I'm hoping it was just some kind of weird thing where it decided to be difficult and when I go back in there in a few minutes it'll start back up like nothing ever happened. At least I hope that's what happens. If not, I'm not sure if I want to tell Greg or wait for him go to fluff the clothes and let him think he broke it. (Just kidding!)

I know I said I wanted a new washer and dryer, but I was waiting for the washer to die first. Preferably closer to the end of the year... Sigh. Hopefully it's just being difficult and isn't really dead. Hopefully. Please. We just spent almost $300 getting my car fixed this week. I don't want to buy a new dryer this month. I don't. I know, I can buy a clothes line for the back yard. It's certainly been hot enough to dry clothes outside... Sigh.

Update 9:58pm: Attempt #2 - Fail.


Update 10:12pm: Attempt #3 - Anybody got jumper cables?


Update 10:17pm: Ok Greg, honey, you know I didn't do it on purpose. I mean, I know we looked at washers and dryers at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, but I'm the one who kept saying that I wasn't sure we needed to get the set, we could probably get by with just a new washer. The dryer's old but it still runs well. Or did. Remember? You're the one who kept saying we might as well go ahead and get the set. I'm just saying. I didn't sabotage it. Really. I didn't. I don't want to spend the money for new one right now. I don't.


Update 10:28pm: Anybody got an old dryer sitting on their front porch they want to get rid of cheap? Hey, it's Mississippi, I figure it's worth asking...


Update 10:32pm: Crap. I need to go hang up two loads of wet clothes.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, that sucks. Stuff like this always happens when we have a little extra money in the bank. It's like the powers that be know that you paid your mortgage off...

Susan said...

Well I wish whoever was talking to the Powers would shut up! This would be the... FIFTH thing to pop up. Three of those involved my car, which hasn't had a single problem since the day I bought it.

In all honesty, I'm just glad it didn't happen last month. I really would have had a clothes line.

From the Doghouse said...

Sigh. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Your father-in-law is good at working on dryers.

Susan said...

At this point I feel certain that if we made the effort to fix the dryer, the washer would die within a week. It's been trying to die for a couple of months now. We were planning to buy a new one anyway, just not until after the Disney trip!

The good news is I think the one we're wanting is on sale this week.

Webmaster said...

I would offer mine but that POS eats every article of clothing worth more than $5.