Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Tough Decision

I can't believe nobody asked The List and my goals concerning this, but I did go out and buy the first thing off of The List after dinner tonight. I pondered many options, debated, discussed with Greg, listed pro's and con's, and finally made the decision. I considered the monkeys, especially since we call Casper a monkey all the time. I considered the fishies, the beach chairs, the sea creatures, and all the other adorable garbage cans and towels and... well, it wasn't easy, but we made a decision:




But then I was overcome by peer pressure and made an impulse buy:



Sigh. I didn't really need a toothbrush holder, but the seahorses were just so darn cute! Greg kept saying, "Oh come on, we can put up the shower hooks in the master bathroom and the seahorses in the hall bathroom..." Sigh. The I realized that not only were they cute, but they all tilt forward.



They also have little springy tails that move when you flick them. Seriously, I couldn't just leave that in Target. I should be ashamed. Mere hours after becoming 100% debt free I'm already splurging and overspending my budget! I had $15 for hooks, but with the seahorses I spent $21. I have to get myself back under control!

6 comments:

CluckyRN said...

You go, girl :)
~:>

Webmaster said...

As Dave would tell you to say:
FREEDOM!!!

Enjoy your seahorses. :)

Anonymous said...

the boys would love the seahorses...you could always send them to live at my house...then they arent an impulse buy they are a gift. =)

Susan said...

Ironically, on our way home I realized that I can't even use a toothbrush holder because I have that honkin' big Sonicare sandblaster toothbrush that sits in its recharger all the time. After much thought I did manage to repurpose the seahorses as a q-tip holder. But let that be a lesson to everyone about the dangers of impulse buying!

mayberry said...

I'll buy it from you! It's cute!

The Topiary Cow said...

Awfully fun and cute.

As for functionality, bah!

Moo!