Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Here's The Question...

I have a routine appointment with my ADD doc this afternoon. I have to go every 3 months or so for what they call a med check so he can keep writing my prescriptions. Every time I go I have to fill out this dumb form before I see him that has the same four questions on it. Two of those questions are "What's better since your last visit?" and "What's worse since your last visit?" I've always been baffled by those questions. They're incredibly generic. What's better/worse with... what? My meds? My life? My allergies? World hunger? The Braves season? I've never had any idea what he's actually looking for there. It used to sorta stress me out, but over the years I've gotten bored with it, so I started contemplating silly answers to those two questions before I go. Things like:

My haircut.
The chance for rain.
Television.

So today I'm contemplating exactly what's better/worse since this time three months ago. I'm thinking maybe muffins, those have had a definate improvement. Or my shower curtian hooks - those are waaaay better. My gardening skills, not so much better, they would be on the worse list this time! My wardrobe, probalby worse. I need to buy some new stuff. Upcoming opporutnities to spoil other people's children? Much better. Any ideas? And what would the rest of you answer?

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Gas prices, natch.

My OB/GYN's office form has the question "What is the reason for today's visit?" I've filled out the most ridiculous answers before, but always things that pertain to my visit, and nobody ever says anything, so I don't think they even read it.

clstigger said...

maybe you should say what is better as the house is paid off!

From the Doghouse said...

What Stacey said.

"What's better?"

My ability to lie on forms like these.

Webmaster said...

Worse: the state of the U.S. economy. Better: the president's remarks on the world climate at the G-8 summit.

[ - ]

The Topiary Cow said...

YUP---gas prices and the household budget.

If your doctor has a pill for that, Cow would like some please.

Moo!

mayberry said...

Better - my ability to control my road rage. I even unloaded my pistol.

Worse - my attention span. Did you say something?

Susan said...

Stacey - my doc reads these, and usually questions me on it! Of course, I also usually draw little pictures to illustrate my answers...

Come to think of it, next time I should say that the "better" is that the voices in my head are getting along now. I could even use all of you as examples.

Stacey said...

My friends... in the computer... they talk to me...