Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Alert!

Jim Cantore has been spotted in Mississippi, checking into a hotel on the coast.

I don't know if he's here for the Katrina anniversary or because we're all going to die, but I sure hope nobody tells Gustov. Everybody knows hurricanes like to make a beeline for Cantore.

That aside, I'm not yet ready to be worried about Gustov. I'm aware of it, and keeping an eye on the updates, but I also know that until he moves further into the Gulf we won't really have a clue what's going to happen. I do want to make sure we have gas in both cars, but mostly because I know gas prices will be going up before the storm hits. I want to make sure we get a new tank for the grill, but mostly because I want to cook the steaks in my freezer.

I may get more concerned as the storm gets closer, and I do understand the potential for a nasty landfall, I'm just not prepared to be in a panic yet. If I lived on the coast, I'd be a lot closer to panic. We already have two weather radios and half a dozen flashlights in the house, so I'm feeling pretty prepared for now. We'll see how prepared I feel Friday and Saturday.

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

I'm starting a fund to send him to Texas. After all, hurricanes follow him like puppies follow the butcher.