Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good Question...

I know what you're asking.

"Susan, I can't help but notice that you're begging us for money for the AHA Heart Walk, but you haven't made a donation on your own behalf. What's up with that?"

Excellent question. You see, I was percolating and idea that I needed to run by the co-tenant on my checking account. We've talked about it and he agreed to my scheme. One of the perks to having no debt whatsoever and continuing to live below our means is having the opportunity to do cool things like this - a little something I like to call...

You give it, we'll match it.*

You heard me. At the end of October when we tally up the final donations Greg and I will write a check to match the final dollar amount donated to me during this year's campaign. I know that money is tight right now, and maybe you know you can only give a small amount. No problem, every amount is appreciated and we'll even double your money. You dug around under your couch cushions and came up with $2.87 cents to offer? Awesome. We'll turn it into $5.74. You want to generously donate two gallons of regular unleaded? POOF! It's 4.

It's just our way of giving you a high five and big kudos for stepping up. And showing that I'm not asking you to do anything I wouldn't do myself. So turn that five bucks into ten and make a donation. Heck, with all the Starbucks closing around here, you won't need it for that double half caf latte anyway. And for those of you who just like to make a hobby out of poking my husband with a stick, here's your chance to hit him where it hurts. Go ahead, the bigger the total, the shakier his check-writing hand gets!

*Disclaimer - Greg absolutely insisted that I say "We will match donations up to some ridiculous amount, like $3,000." He's convinced that if I don't I'll end up with like $40,000 in donations and we'd be in trouble. But if anybody wants to go ahead and drop 3 grand my way, we'll be all over that!

4 comments:

Supermom said...

You're matching donations is an AWESOME idea. Awesome.

heading over to make mine...

Susan said...

You rock. Way to raise the bar! Literally. I just raised the bar. =)

Supermom said...

lol... well I want to help get Greg's hand shaky. lol

Webmaster said...

What a fantastic idea ... Don't forget to hit me up for the cash! When's the next blogger lunch?