Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Honor of National Tater Day

Ya'll know how I feel about Tater Heads. No? Let me remind you.

Here.
And here.
And maybe here.

Remember? K. Good. I just found out that today is National Potato Day, thanks to a knowledgeable MRBA member. I can't wait to go home and dress up my tater heads for a big Tater Day party! This is ironic, in light of the fact that I've spent two days now researching a tater delima.

You see, we're planning our trip to Disney, where they have a whole line of Disney themed tater parts. Oh goodness. Now, you can get a regular sized bucket of parts for $20, or a giant bucket of parts for $50. This is where it's important to plan ahead and bring your own tater, 'cause if you try to put a tater body in the box you take up waaaay too much room and you can fit nearly as many parts in there. And it's not like I don't have tater bodies to spare! Anyway, there are so many to choose from that I've printed off the list and started making a tiered list - must have parts, 1st option parts, and bucket space filler parts. The problem is that some of them are quite bulky (like the dumbo base) and I have to decide if I'd rather get one of those or several smaller parts. The big question is going to be whether or not I need the regular size bucket, two regular sized buckets, or break down and get the $50 bucket. Sigh.

The next delima: if you go to that first link you'll notice the very bottom of the page has a link to the list of Star Wars spuds, many of which are exclusively at the Disney Star Tours attraction. Apparently they don't sell the individual parts, just the sets, which makes it more difficult! Greg has suggested that we may need a separate suitcase for taters and their parts.


Happy Tater Day!

5 comments:

mayberry said...

And Happy Tater Day to you.

We call Mini-me "Tater". Happy Tater Day at our house is aka Mini-me's birthday. =)

From the Doghouse said...

Get the $50 bucket. You know you'll regret it if you don't.

And this spud's for you.

Susan said...

(The fact that I've thought this out is SAD.)

DH - I really think that 2 of the $20 buckets would hold more. They're rectangle shaped, whereas the $50 bucket is shaped like a tater head and made of hard plastic. I think you'd lose a lot of space in the nooks and crannies. I'll have to look closer at them when I get there. The list of tater parts we want has grown to 66 (plus multiple sets of the special arms).

Webmaster said...

You HAVE thought it out. LOL
Happy tater day!

Susan said...

As much as crap costs at Disney, you HAVE to think it out! We're very carefully researching our dining options now. You know that if we're spending that much on a vacation, we will squeeze every penny of value out of it!