Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Budget Cuts?

I know we've always had problems with inadequate signage here at the hospital, but I think we've finally reached a new low. They can no longer afford to print words on the signs. Taken in a hallway at UMMC, with no further explanation:

This officially replaces my former favorite sign, seen at everyone's least-favorite retail estabilishment:

In case you can't read it through the fuzzy, it says Rollback $388, Was: $388.

* This post could also be titled "Reason number 497 why I really need to upgrade to a cell phone with a camera." Luckily I have a wonderful husband with a camera phone who doesn't ask many questions when I beg him to snap a picture of a random sign in the hallway. Or in WalMart. There's still a sign at a gas station on the way home that I'm determined to get a picture of to post, I just can't ever seem to remember to do it when I have my camera in the car.

** And yes, I now own the first sign, which was left after all the others just like it that were all over the hospital were taken down. I did them a favor by cleaning up after them, and it now lives in my office, reminding me of the efficiency of my employer.

6 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

This is hilarious.

Cow thinks you should re-post the sign with the arrow pointing up, though.

Moo!

Supermom said...

LOL!

Webmaster said...

Get on flickr and search for "stick people in peril." LOL

Susan said...

Geezum peetzum, I may have a new hobby. Stick people in peril is hysterical!

From the Doghouse said...

Sparing no expense ...

Webmaster said...

LOL. Thought you'd get a kick out of that. ;)