Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can Someone Explain...

Yesterday I opened my kitchen cabinet to grab one of my favorite glass mixing bowls when I noticed this:



Do you see it? Notice the bowl in the middle. There are three smaller bowls nested on top and a larger one on bottom. But then there's the middle one...



The entire bowl isn't shattered, just the rim, all the way around. The other four bowls don't have a scratch on them. These are heavy bowls. They have to be to survive in this house. Nothing fell on it. And it was nested in the middle. I showed it to Greg when he got home last night and he said he'd heard something make a racket in the kitchen Sunday morning but never could find the source of the noise. Anybody got any ideas on what the heck could have happened? I'm baffled.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That has happened to a shower door of mine - just shattered out of nowhere. Tempered glass has a habit of keeping you guessing.