Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Christmas

At the rate we're progressing, it'll be Christmas before I give birth.

I just knew we'd be told I was at 1 or 2cm today, but no. Nothing. She's moved "a little bit" down. Still have a long way to go. Dr. T was even talking deadlines today. She said they won't let me go more than about a week late, and if she doesn't get a move on we'll be scheduling for November 10. We go back next Tuesday. Dr. T didn't even suggest that she'd see us next week unless we come in before, she didn't see that happening.

She guestimated Tot was about 6.5lbs, but that's a big guess. Said she should be putting on about half a pound a week, so I could be looking at an 8lb or so baby.

In all honesty, I'm not in a rush. I'm probably the least anxious person when it comes to her arrival. I've waited a long, long, long time, a few more weeks won't matter. And I'm not miserable; I feel pretty darn good for 38 1/2 weeks. I'm willing to wait until she's ready or until Dr. T says it's time to force her out.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

welcome to my world...twice!

GrammarGirl said...

Things can move rather rapidly, so don't get too comfortable. I was told at a Tuesday doctor's appt that I was dilated "a fingertip and holding." I had my daughter the next Monday, so didn't make it back for the next doctor's appt. Just sayin'. Pack your bag :-).

Allison said...

Hurry UP already! =)

Susan said...

GG - in the past couple of weeks my doc has said things like, "I'll see you next Wednesday, unless it's before then!" This week she started off telling me she was on call this weekend if the baby decided to make her arrival. After checking me she said, "Nevermind, I'll see you next week..." HA! She's gotta move further south before we can even talk about dilating.

But seriously, I'm not even due until next weekend. It's not like she's late, she's just strongly anticipated!

GrammarGirl said...

Understand completely! Both my girls were a week early all on their own. One weighed 9-1, the other 10-15, so I'd say they were done! :-)

Babies love to make fools out of those of us waiting on them. . .you got the Halloween costume, so you're set for an early arrival! Many blessings to you and Greg as you eagerly anticipate. You will be great parents. Kaycie is a lucky little girl.