Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm There

I think I've been a pretty good sport for the past 39 1/2 weeks. Even when I was sooo sick those first four months, I tried to stay positive and tell myself it was all part of the package and wouldn't last forever.

I've decided I'm about done with this now.

For the past two days I've rather suddenly been feeling more and more uncomfortable. Tired. Really tired. More random pains, including occasional leg spasms in my thighs and night cramps in my calves. Contractions aren't any more frequent or consistent, but some of them have been a bit stronger. Walking (waddling...) has become more of a challenge, as is getting in and out of the car. Every time Tot moves she pokes something that hurts. I know, she's out of room in there and it's not her fault, but she could make some effort to hurry up!

I told Greg I think it's probably time for me to seriously stop running so hard every day. I need to be still more, start resting. I'm not good at that these days, but I don't have a lot of choice. I just can't go like I could even a couple of weeks ago. Won't be long now, I guess. Couple more weeks, max. Maybe she'll get motivated before they have to induce. I've been very patient every week when the doc tells me we've made no progress. Not in a hurry, she'll come when she's ready. I'm ok with that. I've waited this long, I can wait a few more weeks. I think I've reached that point where I'm past that. I'm ready. Her official due date is Sunday, let's hope she pays attention to deadlines!

4 comments:

black betty said...

take it from me...i never stopped up until the day, and i really wish i had.

i pray you get through the next week (or two) without losing it and that tot comes on time! :D

xoxo

Cats' Mom said...

Maybe you should talk to Dr. T. about inducing before the 10th.

Susan said...

I think I just came to a crashing halt, been asleep all afternoon!

I don't think we have time to do it before the 10th. I go back on Tuesday afternoon and she only does scheduled inductions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Besides, if I only have two weeks of being this whinny, I'll consider myself lucky!

Allison said...

Hang in there babe! It's gonna be SOOOOOO worth it.