Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Amenities

I'm doing a little advanced planning for our South Carolina trip in the form of finding a hotel to stay at for one leg of the trip. I can usually do the whole 9 hours either going or coming, but I have to break one of them up or else my back will punish me for weeks. Anyway, one of our favorite hotel chains is the Hampton, so I started by pulling up the Hampton in Douglasville, just west of Atlanta. Here's the room description:

"1 Double Bed Nonsmoking, Comp Hi Speed-Lapdesk-Curved Shower Rod"

Seriously? A curved shower rod? Sweet! Why would I stay anywhere else? Let's book it!

For the record, last time we stayed at the Hampton in Cottondale, AL and it was awesome. Their linens were so much nicer than anything in my house! They even sell the exact same stuff on their website, and it's not cheap. Although their shower curtains are hookless, so there's some savings there...

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Never heard about a hotel selling their stuff.

Susan said...

Me either, but their stuff is just that nice. I'd buy the linens if I had money. And I'm telling you, when we stayed at the one in AL, there were at least 6 different pillows on the bed. We were very impressed.

From the Doghouse said...

Oh, and somebody has to say it ...

Those shower curtains are off the hook!