Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anybody Know?

Yesterday a friend asked me if I knew where she could get an old, old family Bible repaired and restored. I had that same question myself a couple of years ago, as my great-grandmother's family Bible, where so many of our old family records are written, is falling apart. Unfortunately, I was never able to get a good answer and the best I could tell her was, "I think somebody at church told me that there used to be a man in either Utica or Crystal Springs who did it, but they thought the man now sent them off to be repaired..."

I have no idea of a name, or even who told me that at this point! Anybody have any better ideas on this one? I suspect it's a dying art, since we don't keep official "family" Bibles anymore. Which is a shame, really.

5 comments:

mayberry said...

You might contact Lifeway Christian Bookstore in Jackson. They do engraving and things on Bibles and they might be able to refer her to someone.

Supermom said...

where does she live?

Susan said...

Vicksburg, but she does a whole lot of traveling for work and has a flexible enough schedule that she could probably take it somewhere else if she needed to.

Supermom said...

There's a place in Greenwood.

http://www.norrisbookbinding.com/

Susan said...

Yes, there is! That's the place I ended up recommending after doing a bit of research and she was supposed to be FedEx-ing it to them today. She was very excited after she called them.