Friday, May 16, 2008

More Free Stuff

By now most of you know that I'm all about free stuff. In addition to searching out cool free samples and sweepstakes online, I've also taken to signing up for "special alerts" on the websites of product brands I particularly like. Usually that means they'll email special deals, coupons, and notices when they introduce new products. I even have a separate GMail account I use specifically for those types of things so they won't clog up my regular email account.

One of the companies I signed up with was Ocean Spray. I love their 100% Juice Cran-Grape and signed up with the hope of getting coupons. I've gotten a couple of things in the mail from them, a little recipe book, a coupon, the usual stuff. Imagine my surprise last week when we got home and I had a good sized box by the front door from Ocean Spray. Eh?

It was a full 64 oz bottle of their newest flavor juice. 100% Juice Cranberry-Blueberry. Now, I will admit my first reaction was, "Blueberry???" but I haven't tried it yet so I have no judgement. I don't think I've ever heard of blueberry juice anyway. Might be very tasty. They also sent a couple of recipe ideas in case you don't care to drink it straight up. Regardless, they get major points for actually shipping me this big bottle of juice to try. It also renews my motivation to sign up on the websites of brands I like. I'm not a very brand-loyal type person, but sending me free stuff definitely gives them an advantage!

And speaking of sweepstakes, both Food Network and Betty Crocker have grilling-related contests going on right now. You know I've been entering every day!

6 comments:

Supermom said...

Everyday is Christmas in my mailbox! =)

From the Doghouse said...

Cool! Let me know if it's any good.

I've entered the grilling one too, just not every day.

The Topiary Cow said...

"...They also sent a couple of recipe ideas in case you don't care to drink it straight up..."

Mix in enough vodka and it's sure to be good...

Moo!

mayberry said...

I don't know about blueberry juice......

I like the TC suggestion though!

Susan said...

Ironically, one of the recipes they sent with it included cranberry vodka... ha!

It's actually not bad. Not quite as sweet as the cran-grape, but I'd still mix it with straight cranberry juice to cut the sweetness a bit. Definitely different. I also noticed when reading the label (you KNOW I read labels!) That the first ingredients are grape juice and apple juice! How funny is that.

Webmaster said...

A 64 ounce jug? That's awesome!