Friday, May 20, 2011

Mash Up

On Glee, a mash up is a combination of songs that may or may not really fit together. Here on the Llama Farm, it's a combination of thoughts that have nothing to do with one another but aren't sufficient for their own post.

You know how I know it's going to be a bad day for my ADD? I wake up frustrated before anything happens. Today is that day. I'm frustrated at things that haven't even happened yet, as well as things that don't really warrant the overreaction of frustration they got. How do I manage? Well today I prayed really really hard then cleaned the daylights out of my kitchen. I feel better now.

Anybody know how to get a blech detergent smell out of clothes? On my second washing, with a vinegar rinse, and it's not really helping a lot.

We revamped our budget this past week in light of the fact that there's a Potamus 2.0 on the horizon. We'll have less individual stuff money each month but a little more food money to make up for my lack of energy and willingness to be in the kitchen. I'm feeling ok about that. But I'm afraid it's going to put a delay on my long-standing dream of a new couch. Again. These things happen.

I need to write a post about choices we make. Been thinking about that a lot over the past week. Not big things like having another Totapotamus, but little things like choosing how we speak and react to others. It's a bit of a challenge for me a lot of days but it's something I've worked on pretty diligently and for the most part I've seen a big improvement.

In an example of where I haven't done a good job of choosing to think happier thoughts, I'd like to express that I still hate the Walgreens Photo Center. They keep calling me about the photo order I placed before Mother's Day. I went to pick it up a few hours later and they said it would be three days because their machine was broken. I didn't have three days and told them to cancel it and I'd order from Walmart. Later that evening I was in Walmart, picking up my pictures, when I get an automated call from Walgreens telling me my photo order was ready. I didn't go pick them up, because I had reordered them from Walmart. Today I'm still getting calls to come pick them up. And pay for them AGAIN? I don't think so. But then again I wouldn't mind having another set. (It was Kayice's Easter pictures). Grrr.

I could use a nap.

No comments: