Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday Shopping Frenzy

I don't know why I even try shopping on Black Friday. It just frustrates me and wears me out.

I've been trying to order two pair of boots online for OVER HALF AN HOUR, but the traffic on the website makes it run soooooo sloooooow that it takes forever to load each page. Sigh. I've made it as far as the checkout, but I can't seem to get checked out. I swear, if they end up telling me that my size is no longer available by the time it loads this next page, I'm going to be fighting mad! These boots are 75% off!

And besides, it's after noon, I'm still in my jammies, and need to take a shower and fix some lunch. Greg suggested going out for lunch and I told him he was crazy. All those shoppers who actually left the house today gotta eat, and I'm a little scared of them.

Still haven't gotten to the next page to check out my boots. Ridiculous. Looks like I'm not the only one who opted to do my Black Friday shopping from the couch. Even online shopping isn't safe on the day after Turkey Day anymore.

UPDATE: And now, exactly 1 hour after I started trying to buy 2 freaking pair of boots, while one page away from confirming my checkout, I get a "We're experiencing high traffic volume, please try again later" screen. Yeah, I'm not happy.

WAIT... WAIT... It's back, but my session expired and I have to start the checkout process all over again. I don't know how much more of this I can stand. All I wanted was new boots! SOB! Sniffle! I need a hot bath and some chocolate milk. Black Friday shopping has taken its toll, I'm just worn out.

2 comments:

Supermom said...

I did some Black Friday shopping in my PJs from the couch too. Old Navy's "friday only" half-price deals and Best Buy.

Fortunately I didn't have the bad experience you did.

We did go out for lunch later. I chose Mellow Mushroom because it is never busy (how DOES this place stay in business). Sure enough... not busy at all even at straight-up noon right in front of Dogwood Festival.

Go figure.

Susan said...

I figure my plight might have something to do with the fact that I totally forgot about ordering the boots until about 11:30 Friday morning. Oddly enough, the sale that ended at noon (but which time zone???) was still valid when my order finally went through at 12:45!

I can't explain how MM stays in business either. I'm not a big fan personally, but even when everything else is packed, there never seems to be anybody there!