Friday, November 9, 2007

Crawling Towards the Light

First off, Happy Birthday to Lauren! I hope you're at home being treated like a queen today. Or least not having to chase the boys all over creation.

It's been a long, painful week. I've left work with a headache 3 days in a row. That's not like me, I don't get headaches very often. Work doesn't really stress me out that often, but there have been a couple of monster projects this week that have wiped me out!

Luckily, it's Friday. Afternoon. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I feel like I'm crawling towards it on my hands and knees. I am so grateful that this is going to be a holiday weekend. I desperately need 3 days off. Except it won't REALLY be 3 days off since I have to be in Vicksburg for a wedding shower tomorrow morning and back for another one Sunday afternoon.

In between the two my mom is supposed to show up, since we're helping host the one on Sunday. Which means I need to go home and at least token clean the house a bit. I don't scrub it down for her visits, but I do like to clear a path. Luckily our guest room was the most recent victim of my crusade against excessive crap, so it's actually ready for a guest.

Hopefully having Monday off as well will give me time to regroup and cram all my usual weekend activities into that one day. But first, I have two and a half more hours to get through this one. Crawling. Slowly...

1 comment:

The Topiary Cow said...

"...I do like to clear a path..."

Heh.