Tuesday, November 27, 2007

May the Force Be With You

Yep. That's my godson. Jedi Master Edwin, defeating the evil Darth Disney.

Aparently my dear sweet pooka bear, who literally accused me of trying to kill him when we were in the pool and I accidently bumped his raft so that his face touched water, is not only the last hope of the rebellion, he's also now a thrill ride junkie. Big Thunder Mountain was a favorite. I have to say I'm more than a little proud of him. He's always been a little more fragile and shy than most little boys but he seems to be coming out of it quickly. I figure starting school had a lot to do with it. Regardless of the cause, he proved he can defeat Disney World, and that's quite a feat. Way to go, Edwin. Wish we'd been there with you.

Oh, and rumor has it he totally hit it off with Cinderella. Such a flirt! He'll be breaking hearts the day he starts high school, which should be in about a year.



6 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

I love Thunder Mountain! I've been known to get off the ride and immediately get back in line.

mayberry said...

Mini-me saw the pics from my nephews trip to Disney World and say him with all of the Princesses (she's really into princesses). Now she wants to know when we can go. I told her it takes a lot of money and I don't have a lot. She offerred what was in her piggy bank. Poor kid thinks we can get to Orlando on 6 bucks. Gotta love the innocence.

Susan said...

Last time I went I was in elementary school, but I remember that Thunder Mountain was about the only ride I enjoyed.

And Mayberry, I feel your pain. Only it's my husband. He's been like 6 times, but the last time was right after we started dating. We've been planning a trip but keep postponing it until we pay off one more thing... Hopefully we'll go next fall. Otherwise he may implode.

Greg said...

Imploding now....have to make it until September....breathing difficult......

Susan said...

During a later discussion with Lauren I found out that not only did Edwin defeat Darth Disney, he did so by sticking his tongue out at him during the battle and then deviating from the choreography they were given for defensive moves and going freestyle on Darth, nearly wacking him in the head. The crowd loved him. I can understand why.

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!! =)